Beginning Parenting Programme (a.k.a. ICAN Beginning Parenting Workshop)
The arrival of your child can be accompanied by a myriad of emotions. You may feel joy, wonder, and happiness as well as feel overwhelmed, worried, or tired at different times. These are all normal feelings. Like in any transition, this transition into parenthood will mean many changes for you: in your schedule, daily routine, your marital relationship, and more. It can take several months to get comfortable with your new role as a parent. This workshop aims to help you be more prepared for it all.
The foundation of a happy home is a strong and stable marriage.
You were a couple before you became parents. Becoming a parent will put additional stress to your marital relationship. Part 1 of this workshop will equip you with skills and handles to manage the stress and enable you to be effective and happy co-parents of the new born. In this session, you will learn to:
- Strengthen trust and commitment by enhancing your Love Maps.
- Make deposits into your partner’s Emotional Bank Account by responding to his or her bids for connection.
- Overcome contempt by sharing fondness and admiration.
- Resolve solvable conflicts and handle perpetual ones.
The first 3 years of your baby’s life are the formative years. Start right and you will put your child on the path to success.
As new parents, you will need to know:
- The developmental stages of your child
- How to soothe a crying baby.
- What a baby needs.
- How to read your baby’s bids.
- How fathers can be involved.
- How to manage work and family life
- How to manage stress and identify postpartum depression.
Next run: 21 & 28 March 2020 (2 – 5pm on both dates)
“Real life situation sharing is really good! Applicable to daily life.” | “Programme was very good, Clement shared many stories about his experience being a father.” | “This is a MUST attend workshop for couples.”
~ Comments from Participants ~
2 – 5pm on both days
1 Woodlands Road #04-03 Junction 10 Singapore 677899 or 128a Lor 1 Toa Payoh Singapore 311128
10 – 15 parent couples