Through this workshop we hope to share our vast experience and knowledge of the sentiments, mindsets, and aspirations of fathers with those who are engaged with families. We also want to equip you with the understanding of the core functions of an Effective Father so that you will be able to share them in your engagements with fathers.
|Date and Time||20 May 2020, 9.30am – 4.30pm|
|Venue||1 Woodlands Road, Junction 10, #04-03, Singapore 677899|
|With VCF subsidy for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||S$315|
|With VCF subsidy for WP/EP/S-Pass holders||S$382.50|
|Registration Closing Date||24 April 2020|
- How empowered fathers benefit the family, economy, community, and future generations; How fathering is good for fathers;
- How the father’s identity affects his involvement;
- How a father’s relationship with his father affects his fathering;
- The key role fathers (and parents) play at each stage of the child’s development (based on Erik Erikson’s theory);
- How fathers can be involved in their children’s lives;
- How fathers can overcome the barriers to involvement;
- What is Quality Time;
- How to be consistent in parenting;
- How parents’ temperament affects the parent-child relationship;
- How to be an authoritative parent;
- How to fathers can know their child;
- How a father can be overcome their Childhood Emotional Neglect and begin to be nurturing to their child;
- How to talk with your child;
- How to connect with your child.
Who Should Attend?
Medical social workers
Family Life Educators
Human Resource professionals
We recently conducted this workshop for the members of PAVEs Child Protection and Family Violence teams.
1. For those eligible for VCF subsidy:
a. Before registering, apply for VCF subsidy via the NCSS website.
b. Have the VCF Approval letter on hand when registering. You will need to enter the Approval Ref. No. during registration.
c. Upon registering, email the softcopy of the VCF Approval Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Payment shall be by cheque made payable to Centre for Fathering Limited. Please indicate the name of the participant(s) and course on the reverse side of the cheque.
e. If you have received VCF approval and wish to withdraw from the course, please cancel your VCF application to free up the slot for another participant. The vacated slot can be taken by another staff of the same organization. A new application must be made for the replacement participant.
f. Full payment must be received by Centre for Fathering at least two weeks before the start of the course.
g. There shall be no refund if you withdraw after the registration closing date.
2. For those not eligible for VCF subsidy:
a. Full payment must be made on registration by credit card via Paypal.
b. If full payment is not received by Centre for Fathering at least two weeks before the start of the course, the registration will be considered cancelled.
c. Full refund shall be made if you withdraw before the registration closing date.
d. There shall be no refund if you withdraw after the registration closing date.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.