In a 2018 speech at the Exemplary Father Award ceremony at Orchard Hotel, President Halimah Yacob urged more firms to adopt flexible policies for working dads so that they would be encouraged to play a more active role in their children’s lives. Many companies want to be family-friendly, but…companies that are great at supporting fathers at work are Great Companies for Dads.
The Great Companies for Dads Awards 2021, which recognises organisations with policies that support fathers, will be presented by President Madam Halimah Yacob at The Fullerton Hotel in March 2021. Nominate your company by 31 December 2020 for the award by filling up your information in the link below. Your company will also be considered for the award if you take the inventory (below) before 31 December 2020.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Companies that demonstrate innovative policies on parental and paternity leave that go beyond stipulated legislation.
- Companies that demonstrate policies targeting Dads e.g. shared parenting initiatives, flexible work arrangements, Dads support network and resources.
- Companies’ adoption of Centre for Fathering & DADs for Life initiatives and programmes.
Why become a Great Company for Dads?
Great Companies for Dads attract talented employees.Great Companies for Dads have highly productive employees because they make family enrichment programmes available and accessible to their employees.
Great Companies for Dads have a high utilization of their family-friendly policies, such as the Paternity Leave, due to the supportive culture in the workplace.
Great Companies for Dads empower women.
Ways to become a Great Company for Dads
- Participate in the Eat With Your Family initiative.
- Organize a lunch time talk
- Start a Father Group (What’s that?) in your workplace
- Create a supportive culture for fathers in the company
- Make our programmes and workshops available to your employees
- Donate to us
- Like our Facebook page
- And more
What’s Your Score?
This inventory will let you know how close you are to being a Great Company for Dads. Find out what’s your score (out of a maximum of 10 points) in just 30 seconds.