- This event has passed.
Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
14 September 2019,1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This workshop is for couples who seek to deepen their relationship with their spouses. Whether you have a stable or distressed relationship, this workshop can help you better understand your relationship and teach you ways to foster friendship, trust and intimacy with your partner. It will also teach you ways to navigate or prevent relational conflicts.
The workshop programme
The workshop curriculum is based on 40 years of breakthrough research that Dr John Gottman conducted with thousands of couples in the University of Washington, Seattle. Dr John Gottman is world-renowned for his work on marital stability and divorce prediction. One of his most notable experiments is called the Love Lab, where he analysed the way couples create and maintain friendship and intimacy, and how this relates to conflict.
The first step toward improving or enhancing your marriage is to understand what happens when relationships fail. This has been well documented by Dr. John Gottman’s extensive research into couples that were not able to save their marriages. Learning about the failures can prevent your relationship from making the same mistakes – or rescue it if it already has.
In this 5-hour workshop, couples will Learn to:
- Strengthen the foundation of their marriage through enhancing their Love Maps.
- Prevent contempt by fostering fondness and admiration for each other.
- Make deposits into the Emotional Bank Account by turning towards each other.
- Share power by accepting each other’s influence.
- Manage conflicts by solving the solvable problems.
- Overcome gridlock by becoming a Dream Detective.
- Create shared meaning as husband and wife.
Centre For Fathering’s Cancellation, Withdrawal, and Refund Policy
1. Registration for the programme closes one (01) week prior to the programme.
2. If the minimum number of participants is not fulfilled, the schedule programme will be postponed to the next run. You will be notified of the postponement and your registration will be automatically carried forward to the next run.
3. If you wish to withdraw your registration, you can either (1) request for a refund or (2) transfer your registration to someone else. Please email us about the change in advance.
4. Refund can be arranged if you withdraw before the registration closing date. Refund will be done via Paypal. The refunded amount will not be equal to the fee paid because of an admin charge by Paypal.
4. There will not be any refund if you withdraw after the registration closing date.
5. If you are unable to attend the run that you have registered for, your registration will remain open for three (3) months. If you are still unable attend any of the runs of the same workshop within three (3) months from the run you registered for, your registration will be forfeited. The fees paid will not be refunded to you.