*Fathers must go through the ICAN workshop before signing up for Train the Trainer.
This program involves training and coaching fathers from schools or organisations to conduct a ‘Fathering Workshop’ based on the principles put forth by Dr Ken Canfield in his research and book The Heart of the Father.
This program prepares and trains fathers who may be very new to the Family Life Education work but want to help equip and support men in their role as fathers.
Commitment: 2 x 8 hours
Number of Participants: 12 fathers
- Power of Fathers: Learn the importance and implication of fatherlessness and fatherfulness.
- Heart of Fathers: Lead men to examine and to appreciate their own fathering ‘inheritance’ and/or ‘deficiency’. Examine how it forms their present default parenting style.
- Fathering Profile: Provide a model to help men to evaluate their fathering.
- Involvement (The Fathering Component as expounded by Dr Ken Canfield): Help men to define and to practise involvement in their children’s lives.
- Consistency (The Fathering Component as expounded by Dr Ken Canfield): Help men to work on their fathering habits and temperament in relating to children.
- Awareness (The Fathering Component as expounded by Dr Ken Canfield): Help fathers to be ‘noticing’ and to use the information to open doors and learn about the inner and external worlds of their children
- Nurturance (The Fathering Component as expounded by Dr Ken Canfield): Learn to meet the emotional needs, even as they provide for their physical needs.
- Keeping Focus Giving Hope: Help fathers to spot what they are doing well and to explore how to move it further.
- Facilitation and Program Admin: Facilitation Skills for Fathers Group, Promotion and Publicity, Ways to reach out to fathers in a school setting
For more information, please email us or call us at +65-6769 1238.