The workshop programme
The workshop curriculum is based on 40 years of breakthrough research that Dr John Gottman conducted with thousands of couples in the University of Washington, Seattle. Dr John Gottman is world-renowned for his work on marital stability and divorce prediction. One of his most notable experiments is called the Love Lab, where he analysed the way couples create and maintain friendship and intimacy, and how this relates to conflict.
The first step toward improving or enhancing your marriage is to understand what happens when relationships fail. This has been well documented by Dr. John Gottman’s extensive research into couples that were not able to save their marriages. Learning about the failures can prevent your relationship from making the same mistakes – or rescue it if it already has.
In this 5-hour workshop, couples will Learn to:
- Strengthen the foundation of their marriage through enhancing their Love Maps.
- Prevent contempt by fostering fondness and admiration for each other.
- Make deposits into the Emotional Bank Account by turning towards each other.
- Share power by accepting each other’s influence.
- Manage conflicts by solving the solvable problems.
- Overcome gridlock by becoming a Dream Detective.
- Create shared meaning as husband and wife.
13 April 2019
1.00pm – 6.00pm
Read Parcsen Loke’s profile here.
$120 per couple
Early Bird Rates (valid till 31 March 2019)
$96 per couple
Participants will receive a complimentary copy of the book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
We require a minimum of 5 couples or 10 individuals to proceed.