Beginning Parenting Programme
4 January 2020,2:00 pm - 11 January 2020,5:00 pm
The arrival of your child can be accompanied by a myriad of emotions. You may feel joy, wonder, and happiness as well as feel overwhelmed, worried, or tired at different times. These are all normal feelings. Like in any transition, this transition into parenthood will mean many changes for you: in your schedule, daily routine, your marital relationship, and more. It can take several months to get comfortable with your new role as a parent. This workshop aims to help you be more prepared for it all.
The foundation of a happy home is a strong and stable marriage.
You were a couple before you became parents. Becoming a parent will put additional stress to your marital relationship. Part 1 of this workshop will equip you with skills and handles to manage the stress and enable you to be effective and happy co-parents of the new born. In this session, you will learn to:
- Strengthen trust and commitment by enhancing your Love Maps.
- Make deposits into your partner’s Emotional Bank Account by responding to his or her bids for connection.
- Overcome contempt by sharing fondness and admiration.
- Resolve solvable conflicts and handle perpetual ones.
The first 3 years of your baby’s life are the formative years. Start right and you will put your child on the path to success.
As new parents, you will need to know:
- The developmental stages of your child
- How to soothe a crying baby.
- What a baby needs.
- How to read your baby’s bids.
- How fathers can be involved.
- How to manage work and family life
- How to manage stress and identify postpartum depression.
NOTE: Sign ups are by couples (i.e. 2 parents) and tied to 2 fixed-date sessions per run.
Time is from 2 – 5pm on all days.
Centre For Fathering’s Cancellation, Withdrawal, and Refund Policy
1. Registration for the programme closes one (01) week prior to the programme.
2. If the minimum number of participants is not fulfilled, the schedule programme will be postponed to the next run. You will be notified of the postponement and your registration will be automatically carried forward to the next run.
3. If you wish to withdraw your registration, you can either (1) request for a refund or (2) transfer your registration to someone else. Please email us about the change in advance.
4. Refund can be arranged if you withdraw before the registration closing date. Refund will be done via Paypal. The refunded amount will not be equal to the fee paid because of an admin charge by Paypal.
4. There will not be any refund if you withdraw after the registration closing date.
5. If you are unable to attend the run that you have registered for, your registration will remain open for three (3) months. If you are still unable attend any of the runs of the same workshop within three (3) months from the run you registered for, your registration will be forfeited. The fees paid will not be refunded to you.